Equity & Inclusion: Engaging and Healthy Campus Climate
Create and sustain a healthy campus climate by providing the conditions necessary for all campus community members to feel welcomed, supported, included, and valued by the University and each other.
Multicultural Student Center — Improve the student-led multicultural center in the Heller lounge of the Martin Luther King Student Center, and support student-or staff-led activities to increase academic achievement and dialogues focused on equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Disabled Students’ Program — Philanthropic partners make it possible for Cal to go beyond what is usual or required under various disability equal rights laws to prepare the nation’s greatest disability leaders. In addition to supporting the classroom accommodation needs of our students with disabilities, DSP provides a residency program for students who have unique housing needs; supplemental academic, technology and individual student guidance; a state of the art technology program; an employment placement program; and, a paid internship program to better prepare students for competitive employment.
Diversity Initiatives — Mentoring and peer support are critical to improving retention and graduation rates for those who are low-income or first in their family to attend college or graduate school. Your support may be designated broadly — or as narrowly as you wish, including toward immigrants, transfer or re-entry students, parents, veterans, disabled, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, athletes, members of underrepresented ethnic minorities, and former foster youth. If they are at Cal, you can help them!
Gender Equity Center:
- The LGBTQ Programs and Services Fund
- The Sexual Assault/Rape Prevention & Education Fund
- The Women's Resources Fund
Multicultural Student Development (MSD)
- African American Student Development
- Asian Pacific American Student Development
- Chicano/Latino Student Development
- Cross-Cultural Student Development
- Multicultural Immigrant Student Program
- Native American Advisory Council
Transfer, Re-entry & Student Parents Center:
- The Centers for Transfer, Re-entry, & Student Parents Fund
- The Cal Independent Scholars Network
- The Cal Veterans Student Services Fund